Sunday, June 1, 2014

Chocolate and Peanut Butter

Hello family!! This week has been crazy good!
So this week sister Pilkington and I are hitting it hard, Mandama, Bataan is NOT gunna know what hit them! We set some good goals this week and were trying to be better to follow the promptings of the spirit and be more obedient when those promptings did come. I learned that the only way to do that is to do it!  I have read the spirit to be described sometimes as a hunch or a thought but we know that these thoughts or hunches are not our own and we best act on them right away or we may not have the chance to do it later.
So this week we put those plans into action and scheduled a lot of time for finding and working with the members. And so we made a goal to talk to and invite at least 10 people to listen to our message everyday (we call them I2Ls). On Friday night when we came home and were planning, going over the day’s activities, we counted our ‘I2Ls’. We only had 9. I looked at sister Pilkington, she looked at me and we said let’s go! We ran out the door and planned to go up the street and invite the first person we saw to listen. I forgot to put shoes on and we booked it up the street and around the corner from our house, we talked to a couple who were outside and invited them to listen and said we could come back when it was a little bit earlier. We smiled, thanked them and left. Once we got around the corner, we booked it home to and finish planning. So that was a fun finding activity to spice up the day.
I know that the Lord has put sister Pilkington and I together for a reason and I have already learned so much from her as to what I can do to become a better messenger and advocate of the truth. I love her excitement and enthusiasm for the work, it really is contagious! We also have been working out and it has helped us to have more energy to talk to people and teach lessons every Day.
I know that life here on earth is precious and we can’t afford to take even one day for granted. I know the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us and it is up to us how we do with that plan. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can all be saved but it is up to us what we choose to do in this life and how to change whether it is for the better or worse! The atonement is the way and being humble enough is the key. This week I grew a little more in my faith and I learned that through being exactly obedient, we can feel that we are doing the right thing and the Lord has got our backs in the righteous choices that we make.

Love you, 
Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment