Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mahal na araw = Holy Days (04-20-2014)

Mahal na araw. This week has been just a little weird nothing too out of the ordinary for Easter or what they call here in the Philippines, ‘Holy week’ I was a little scared because I had heard a lot of things.. about holy week… people nailing themselves on crosses, hitting themselves in the backs, walking crazy paths and carrying crosses and crazy stuff like that. Thank goodness I didn’t get to see anything too crazy like that but with all the chaos and people ‘remembering’ the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ as a very catholic country, it really made me think this week, “these people really don’t understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ do they?” One day sister Jayaweera and I were talking about how such a christian people could understand the atonement so much differently than we as latter-day saints do.SO this week I studied it and I studied it. I feel that my knowledge has increased by .01% because of how malawak or deep the meaning of the atonement really is. But I do know that it is true. Jesus Christ died for us but he lives again and he lives today.

I know that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ was made for you, for me, and all other people on the earth. On the conditions that we are willing to come unto him and purified by his love. Jesus Christ gained the glory of the father by obeying him exactly but it wasn't all pleasant or easy for Him, i know that just like it wasn't easy for Jesus Christ, we too are going to have some struggles as we become perfet and like him in every way. I love my Savior for what he did for me and continues to do for each of us as we obey and follow him. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great Easter Sunday. Keep on keeping on, even when the end seems far away, it will be here faster than you know it! 
Have a great week! 
Love Sister ROSSBERG


No comments:

Post a Comment