Sunday, March 16, 2014

Why did you choose to serve? (3/16/2014)

This week has been the best. I have faced the most challenges and a lot of  rejection but just like Nephi never stopped, it can’t stop me either. Like I said, it has been the best week. And I have been able to find happiness in this work, we even had a baptism of those two old guys I have been talking about for a while. :) they finally got baptized! And I was so excited for them. Ronaldo and Rodrigo. I felt the Spirit touch them the most when they were able to receive the Holy Ghost and also the Priesthood yesterday. They are already talking to their friends and helping us help them to be great missionaries! I love them!  I know that even though they now are the only members in their families, they will both be the driving force behind their families to also become members in a later time. 

As Sister Taylor and I were talking last night, (one of our house mates) about our week, they have also been struggling a little bit, we talked about why it is so important to be EXACTLY obedient because when we obey, it gives Heavenly Father the opportunity to protect us from Satan’s temptations, and when we are not obedience, there is nothing Heavenly Father can do to stop Satan (In our own interpretation).  We talked about how Satan and Jesus Christ had the same purpose in Heaven, they both wanted all of us to be saved because they both love all of us (this is where agency comes in), Satan wanted to take our agency away so there would be no chance of us to fail, but the only difference is that Jesus Christ loved Heavenly Father more and he wanted to give ALL the glory to his father. And then everything changed but in the beginning the only difference between Satan and Jesus was their motive and the driving force behind the choice. 

I know that we have to make choices every single day, not every decision threatens our salvation. But as we continue to go about doing good and make right choices, with the right attitude, and be aware of pride. We will be on the right path back to our Heavenly Father.

I know this work is the more important and I know that the gospel is true. I love the people here in the Philippines and I hope to be as giving as they are one day. I am sorry to cut this one short again but just know that I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Keep being great missionaries and advocates of the truth!
Love Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment