Monday, March 24, 2014

Tough times never last but tough people do. (3-24-2014)




Hello Family! I am so sorry that I am late to email today…  

We are coming from Mt. Sammat it really cool and I will send you some pictures with this email so you can see it too! It’s basically a huge cross on the top of this mountain as a memorial of the death march that happened after Pearl Harbor. What a great history lesson about the Philippines, and even a little about American History that I didn't know before! We got to tour and get some cool pictures, from the top of the cross, you can see the south China sea AND  Manila bay, it was pretty cool. 

The Levin couple missionaries took us and we are so grateful for them. They will go home in the end of April and I was so grateful to spend a day with them and get to know them a little better! This week has been great! We had Mission President Interviews and then a cooking demo and we ended up cooking for all 25 or so of us but it was the best! I learned so much from the work shop coming from the assistants to the President and we worked on asking better questions. 

Sister Valles and I faced a couple challenges this week in our work because we just felt like we were missing something and that was why our area was not progressing and we were having a hard time finding new investigators as we tried to be more obedient this week, we faced more challenges but I was able to get to know sister Valles so much better and I love her so much she’s the best companion ever! I have a great desire to serve and I am sad that I feel I'm just starting to figure it all out with the ward and the members, they are so supportive here in Mandama Ward. Yesterday at church, the relief society class was about endurance and not just enduring to the end but enduring happily. I know that the Lord only gives us trials he knows we can handle. I am grateful for the gospel in my life. I hope you have a great week! 
Love Sister Rossberg



No comments:

Post a Comment