Sunday, February 16, 2014

I'll find you my friend. (2-16-2014)




Good morning Rossberg family!! How are you all doing??? This week my heart is full of great experiences and I am so grateful for the Lord’s hand in each and everyone of our lives. I am so excited to email you this week because I feel like I have learned so much and I hope to be able to explain all that I have learned to you in a way that makes sense :) so I guess this is a disclaimer if what I write isn't that clear to all of you who read it. Just know that I love you all, I love my Savior and I feel so blessed to be working so close with Jesus Christ everyday.
Where to start? The most important thing I think I learned this week is to treat others as they ought to be and not as they are now, or to treat everyone you meet as a child of our Heavenly Father who has the divine potential to become just like him. They are not just merely people but a literal spirit child of the one we also love, Our Heavenly Father.

We had a combined zone Conference this last week on Friday, Valentine’s Day, this was probably the best Valentines day I've ever had ha you know what they say about  your last Valentine’s  Day on the mission? “that next year’s will probably be just as lonely!” Ha okay that’s pretty great! But I really learned so much from the words that were spoken. Our Mission President’s wife talked about the importance of water for our health. Okay, you might be thinking, how does that have to do with anything? But I will just tell you that our physical health effects everything we do and especially as missionaries because half of it is the physical demands of focusing, walking, talking and loving every second of it. As Sister Querido talked, I just soaked it ALL up! Water is the best and the reasons that we need water for our body and the functions of it are countless! Just think, if we drink enough water everyday, we literally will not get sick. The first thing sister Querido says when you tell her your sick or something, almost as a joke is, “Drink some water and repent”. So that’s my spill on water!! I am so excited to go back to school and learn about nutrition :)

OK I also learned from the spirit that we are here to serve the Lord and to be here because we LOVE him, I know that as we learn to love him and desire to serve Him, we will change our desires to fit His and follow his plan for us EXACTLY. I know thatt to be true. As we strive to serve others, it is amazing how much our self improves because of our selfless  service to others, how crazy is that? No matter how much  you work on yourself, you will not improve in your self really until you turn outwards and serve those around you. I love what I do everyday and I am so grateful for this opportunity to find those that are searching for the truth, I realized this week that I cannot take this chance i have RIGHT NOW for granted, I have to work hard and work smart everyday to touch the hearts and the souls of man through the most powerful force, the spirit of God.

AND ONE MORE THING that happened this week is that I got to go on exchanges with my MTC companion, sister Greene. That we cool! I didn't realize how much we had both learned until we were able to teach a lesson together and help the people they are teaching to feel the spirit. I love sister Greene and am grateful to be able to work with her so closely again as she is in my zone. So I love you and I hope you have a great week! :)

Love Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment