Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year! (1/5/2014)

Maayong Guntag*! Naimbag na bigat! Magandang Umaga po!
Good morning my lovely Brothers and sisters! How are you all doing? I hope the New Year treated you well! We had a great New Year here in San Felipe, we tried to sleep but that was just a little hard ;)
The Member who owns the house that Sister Hart, I and the two other sisters are staying at requested that we continue their New Year tradition.  Every year on Jan. 1 at midnight they open all the windows and turn on all the lights, so we did that, sat on the porch and listened to the gunshots fireworks at midnight until about 12:30 because we still had to get up at 6:30 :) It was a blast; and then on Wednesday, I got my Christmas package!  A Happy New Year after all! I am so grateful for all the effort that went into that I am excited to celebrate Christmas again! Hey why not? The Filipinos still celebrate Christmas until well, I'm not really sure but they definitely still play Christmas music until now ha I love it!


So this week was kind of a crazy one! On Thursday we went to the Hospital to get surgery on my feet.. I had an ingrown toenail but it's way better now ha too bad I didn't keep it, that would have been gross to send home.  And then on Friday we got to go to the Training meeting and got some really great insights for how we can do our best this year in sharing the gospel and in the most productive way as well so that got me way pumped for the week, it was like a speech before a big meet and now I'm ready to take on the world.. in San Felipe! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life!
Today on the bus, I was talking to a man who lives by himself about 2 hours north on SF and he asked me why I wanted to serve a mission and come to the Philippines.  It really made me think for a second and then I paused and said because I have this great gospel that i feel so blessed that I want to share it with others in the world and that is TRUE! I will tell you that I love my mission, I love the Philippines.  There have definitely been some struggles but when we feel the Saviors' love through his sacrifice for each of us, it gives me strength that I can do anything just like in one of my favorite scriptures that I probably quote all the time Alma 12:24 ('This life.. is a time to prepare to meet God") LOVE IT!

Welp, I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you
LOVE SISTER ROSSBERG

No comments:

Post a Comment