Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas



With the unprecedented cold front in the West, St George is definitely feeling a lot like Christmas around here.  The town shut down last Saturday due to 8 inches of snow and no snow plows to get it out of town.  The snow is still hanging around, two weeks later; and in a town with normal winter highs around 50 degrees, it's crazy!


--
SO what a crazy week this has been! I am sorry this email is so late!! We went to a combined Zone activity up in the North of my mission so we didn't get home until around 5 and we were just able to email now. Christmas is getting closer and closer.  We got to watch the Christmas Devotional last night and it was So good, even though we weren't able to watch the Music.  I loved every talk but I think my favorite was by Elder Nelson! The true meaning of Christmas is a great topic and very important as well! 

I have gotten a lot of questions about what they do here to make it feel like Christmas and so I will tell you. Christmas is not commercialized here in the Philippines, it is celebrated by lights and fireworks in the hot, hot, heat. The Christmas music started in the beginning of September; even in the church and it has gotten that much stronger as we continue into December! So I think I have all the Christmas hymns in the hymn book memorized! :) It's been great, and OF COURSE just like every other holiday, we eat.  And that's what we plan to do; I can't wait to share with people this week the true gospel of Jesus Christ so that they can know what Christ really did for them!  So they can really know "what REALLY happened next" just like the lady that I forgot her name said in the fireside last night! 

So on Saturday, we had a baptism of a 12 yearold girl named Fraulien Petilo. I love her and I love her family.  They are actually waiting for us, were supposed to have an FHE with them in 5 minutes so we might be a little late! BUT she is the first member in her family, and I am so proud of her, she came by herself to church on Sunday and I loved seeing her smile when the rest of her family trickled in just a little bit late because they know it was important to her. I love the Petilo's and they treat me like I am their family here in the Philippines :) I love it here in San Felipe and I am so happy to still be here after 5 months! I love it and the people even more.. 

Well I hope you all have an amazing week out of school this week right? And I hope you have an even more amazing Christmas! Merry Christmas to all of you, don't let us forget the true meaning of Christmas what Christ did for YOU and what he did for everyone, whether they know it or not. That is our job as members who DO know what he did for us, to share that knowledge and peace with them! I love that and I am so grateful for Him. I love this gospel! I love my family. I love the Philippines and I love Christmas! I love being a missionary more than anything else. I am done saying what I love But have a great Christmas!! Enjoy the snow and the cold for me would ya? ;) Thank you:)

Love SIster Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment