Monday, November 11, 2013

All is well with Sister Rossberg

Our family has had so many people reach out to inquire about Abbi and if she was hit by Typhoon Haiyan last week.  Fortunately, she is safe but there are so many people in Tachloban who are still struggling.  Even worse, is that this news come only a few short weeks after the earthquake that hit the same area.  

Thank you for all of your prayers for Abbi and all those affected in the Philippines.


Highlights from this week:

"The Lord watches after us in ways that we don't expect and man am I grateful for that. If the Lord helped me the way that I wanted him to, I think all would be lost."
"I hope you all have a great week and stuff. Take care always."





--

Hello Family! 
Kumusta kayo? Miss ko kayo lahat! (How are you? I miss you all!)

This week has been crazy, we heard of the storm coming on Thursday and we were not super worried because they said it wouldn't affect us too bad and then on Friday afternoon, we received a message from our Zone Leaders saying that every missionary needed to go back to their apartment, no questions. Go back and wait for further instructions. We were so confused because the sky wasn't even dark, it wasn't raining and the winds were really mild.  But of course we went back to the apartment and waited. Then at around 6:30 we received the message that we were good to go out now and just to be safe. A little confused and some what frightened, we went out and didn't think too much of it but we definitely felt the Love of the Lord that he was looking out for us. 
It wasn't until Saturday that we heard the news of many missionaries missing and the many that have died in Tocloban already. 

My prayers and thoughts have not stopped for those who have been effected by this storm and you guys probably know more of the details than we do but I am just glad to hear the missionaries are safe and the church is helping however they can over in the south side of the Philippines. I am so grateful for your prayers for those in danger.  Please continue to pray for them and each of their families. 

The Lord watches after us in ways that we don't expect and man am I grateful for that. If the Lord helped me the way that I wanted him to, I think all would be lost. "How great the wisdom and the love" and can we feel so now? I really can't express my love for you all and for the Lord. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers I hope you all have a great week and stuff. Take care always.
Love SIster Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment