Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bad News / Good News

Bad News: For those of you who didn't hear about the earthquake the second it happened like my Dad did, on Tuesday October 15, there was a 7.1 earthquake in Central Philippines.  Luckily, Abbi was far from the danger but it did give us a pretty good scare. 

Good News: 7 small new members of the Church in Abbi's area!  It never ceases to amaze me the number of children who have agreed to accept the gospel and become examples to their friends and family.  It is truly a testament of the missionary force in the Philippines and all the young people who are serving from Abbi's area in other places of the Philippines. 



--

Hello, good day! 
So, some crazy stuff has happened this past week, starting from last week at this time, we were in the middle of a big storm and some houses got destroyed here in the San Felipe area but thank goodness no one was seriously injured. And now there is no Baguio, just sun and a little clouds, hot as ever again my favorite :)  

And I'm sure you all heard of the earthquakes in South Philippines this last week, and I just want to say I am so grateful it was during the morning so that many were saved and even though a lot of people did get seriously injured and died.  We did not feel it at all here in Zambales because we are very far from Leyte where it was the strongest I think.  I have only felt one earthquake the whole time I've been here it was last July for like 10 seconds, it was the weirdest thing but anyways so that's the update on the natural disasters here in the Philippines. And we can really see that the Second coming is near at hand, "the time is far spent no? THERE is Little remaining" very true noh?  Anyway, I hope you are all safe in your areas and that your not too distressed with what is happening in the Philippines.

We had a baptism this last Saturday, there was seven all together and one from our area, it was at night and it was really beautiful.  The Spirit was way strong as I saw these children of God come back into His fold; and yes they were all children, 11 years old and younger. So we are excited to help them be amazing examples to their families and friends. 

Well, we found out tomorrow who the 2 new sisters are in our branch and I am so excited! Can't, can't wait!  Most likely I will just get transferred to San Felipe 3 and open the area over there with my new companion and that's great..  

So I feel like I'm rambling now but I loved conference this last weekend, were able to watch the Saturday morning session now but we still weren't able to watch the Saturday afternoon session so I CANNOT wait to get the ensign and be able to read it this next month. We can really see the progress this work is making in all areas and especially to strengthen the members everywhere.  Thank you for your love and support. Keep up the good work love ya all! 

P.S. CONGRATS to Matt on his Eagle project, tapos ka na! (Great Job!) :)

Love,
Sister Rossberg


No comments:

Post a Comment