Monday, October 14, 2013

General Conference update

Abbi was scheduled to watch Conference about the same schedule that we had since the time zone is so different but a big storm postponed the Saturday broadcast.  So they were only able to watch the Sunday sessions.  

Abbi has put in a request that all of you send her your favorite talks and your insights and why you loved them.  **Remember that Dear Elder is super easy to use!**

"My favorite talk was in the Sunday AM session by Richard J Manyes about problems and struggles in life and how we can handle them. There is a price to pay.... The secret is WORK!  I love it and I loved this Conference so much."

I know I've said this so many times before, but I just get so much pride in my heart for this sister missionary of mine when I heard about everything she is learning and how much she is growing as an amazing servant of her Heavenly Father.

--
I am doing great!  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.. I love you all very much and I LOVE LOVE LOVED General Conference this last weekend.. I felt like such a nerd I could not sleep on Friday night because I was just so excited for Conference to hear from our living prophet today!  But it turned out that there was a pretty bad storm that started at like 10 pm on Friday night, her name is Sandy, she was a pretty bad one. It tore up some trees all over town and thank goodness I didn’t see many houses that the roof was destroyed because of the strong winds. 

But I guess I asked for it, because on Thursday night we went and visited our investigator who is supposed to be baptized this next weekend and wasn’t going to be able to attend church because she had a competition at school that would go until Sunday afternoon. I was just thinking and thinking of what I could do to help her to come to church on Sunday so that she could hear the words of our prophet. I prayed that night because that’s all I could do and it was all I could think about.  Despite the strong winds and all that was happening outside our apartment, by a huge miracle, we were able to sleep through the night.  So we wake up Friday morning and the kids didn’t have school because the storm was a signal number 2 which means that basically mildly strong winds but it did not rain until late, late Friday night. So school was canceled for the kids right? Which means the competition was also cancelled and Sister Renzlee was able to attend Conference with us!  And speaking of Conference, it was AMAZING!!! 

Please send me your favorite talks and why because I would love to hear your insights and what you were ALL able to learn from Conference.  We still haven’t been able to watch the Saturday session because there was no signal on Saturday due to Sandy, so next week we will get to watch it and I am still SO EXCITED because President Monson said this was the best conference ever.. and that man cannot lie so I am WAY excited! 

My favorite talk was in the Sunday AM session by Richard J Manyes about problems and struggles in life and how we can handle them. There is a price to pay.. I loved this so much because my Mission President is always saying that if we want to get something for instance, if I want to learn Tagalog, I have to ‘pay the price’ Elder Maynes said that the price is dedication, perseverance and self- discipline.  The secret is WORK!  I love it and I loved this Conference so much.  I hope you all have a very great week. 

OH! One more thing we are very excited about is that we found out on Saturday night that San Felipe will be getting 2 more sisters so there will be SIX missionaries in the San Felipe branch by the end of October.  That might seem like a lot but here, that is actually very common now.  And I bet you see that too; the number of Missionaries is increasing every month and it is so exciting to me.  The Lord is truly hastening His work and he needs more missionaries, he needs all of us to be working our best every day. I love you keep up the good work!

Love Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment