Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Birthday Miracles :)

I might be a little bit late on this one since Brent and I were in Bear Lake last week and I didn't touch a keyboard even once. So the catch up begins...
Happy Birthday Abbi!  I'm so happy to hear that she got 2 baptisms for her birthday! What a perfect present! Abbi is seeing miracles everyday in the mission field and I'm so glad that we get to hear about them.  It is such a blessing to see the Lord's hand in the lives of the people around us (or 10,000 miles away).

Highlights from this week:
 "Gratitude is the bridge to happiness"

 "The greatest miracle of all is that about 2 weeks ago, she had the hardest time reading and we encouraged her to read the picture Book of Mormon and she would just look at the pictures before but Friday, when I asked her what she had learned from her reading, she told me the story of Jacob and I was shocked!! She read to us and I was over filled with joy!" 


Hello!
 
First off, thank you all so much for your birthday wishes and love and support with you all give me everyday. I realized this last week that my letters are an overview because of the time limit but I just need to maximize my time so that you all don't suffer with small letters from me. So I will try and be more in detail. Here goes, a new Sister Rossberg starting to day :)

So this week we had two baptisms!! John Bert and Jhonamel! They are amazing and I love them so much; they were both baptized on Saturday and are the first members in both of their families. What a great opportunity they now have to share the gospel!

Monday, we had FHE at a members home and shared with our investigators and members present the gratitude we have for them and how being grateful can change everything.  Bekah sent me in a letter that, "Gratitude is the bridge to happiness". How profound is that.. YES!! If the Lamanites were just grateful that they weren't destroyed by the hand of the powerful Lamanites. How many lives would have been saved? DAMING! SO anyway I am grateful this day for everything and miracles I have seen in this, the Lord's work!

And this week was my birthday on Wednesday right? Yup! Correct. We had dinner at a members house and I feel so blessed to feel all the love from members and investigators with their little letters and testimonies to me about how their lives have changed and such since they have received the gospel, they are amazing. I feel very spoiled in my first area and I had an amazing week.

So a miracle that I have seen this week is the changes in a nine year old girl named Jhonamel, she has the most sincere desire to follow the example of the Lord. About a month ago, she came to church all by herself and met friends there. The missionaries before had taught her but she had W.O.W. problems with drinking coffee and stopped progressing because she had no family members to support her in going to church. But this because she showed the desire, we taught her again and her mom is very supportive in her going to church and being baptized, yet will not be baptized herself. Pero(but), she helped Jhonamel to umiwas(avoid) coffee and become a candidate for baptism! The greatest miracle of all is that about 2 weeks ago, she had the hardest time reading and we encouraged her to read the picture Book of Mormon and she would just look at the pictures before but Friday, when I asked her what she had learned from her reading, she told me the story of Jacob and I was shocked!! She read to us and I was over filled with joy! She was baptized on Saturday and although none of her friends of family were able to attend, she was one happy girl!

I love serving here in San Agustin Branch and I will continue to see miracles in this mission, I love you all. Have an amazing week! :)

Love Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment