Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Naibag nabigat! (Good Morning!)

Crazy things are happening in the Philippines!  Abbi was transferred to San Felipe and is learning a new dialect! AND she is now a trainer.  Woah, let's talk about how much my mom is freaking out about all of this for a second.  A lot.
Abbi is now in a bigger city where they just split the branch into 2 branches and they are already seeing blessings because of it. 

This letter is one for the record books so you should read it twice but here are a few highlights:

"The Branch here is very supportive and they have helped us to have a Branch missionary with us every hour of our proselyting time as "tour guides" so that has been very, very helpful and they are so mabait(kind) here!"


"As we have been walking around the Barungy of San Felipe this week, I talk to everyone, they understand me, AND I UNDERSTAND them.. the gift of tongues talaga(indeed)!!




Abbi is now somewhere in that little red shaded area.
Sister Enguito, Sister Rossberg, Sister Alvero, Sister Panal 

Abbi and her new companion, Sister Enguito

Naibag nabigat! (Good morning, in Ilacano)
 
Ilacano? YES! guess what? I am learning Ilacano, another dialect in the Philippines, there are a lot a lot of dialects here in the Philippines and I am learning Ilacano because I am now assigned in San Felipe, which is more south than Iba, San Agustin and closer to Olongapo.
 
So this week has been INSANE!! I was definitely not expecting to be transferred this week so I was not prepared for that; but ever more surprising to me is that I would now train. I just graduated from my 12-weeks training program, and now I have been called as a trainer, wow! I definitely do not feel qualified or adequate for this responsibility but here I am anyway! :) I will take trust in the scripture that says "the Lord qualifies those who He calls".
 
Due to the influx of Sister missionaries here in the field and I had little to no problems in my training, I was made a trainer and was transferred to San Felipe Branch. Before last transfer, they only had 2 Elders but now has 2 elders and 2 sisters! We have been put in an open area which means they kicked the elders out and put us in! so we are very excited to be the first sister missionaries here since 2003! It has been a little bit of a rough getting going here, but we are finally all settled in!
 
So, transfer day was Wednesday, we got to the apartment and  cleaned... a lot.. I will spare you the details but I will just say it was gross :) And that night the Elders in the other side of the area gave us a tour of the biggest Burungay in our area and we met a lot of the members and some less actives. Then Thursday, we made history. We had a meeting Thursday night with all the auxiliaries to split the area of San Felipe into San Felipe 1 and 2, we have the privilege of being San Felipe 2! The Branch here is very supportive and they have helped us to have a Branch missionary with us every hour of our proselyting time as "tour guides" so that has been very, very helpful and they are so mabait(kind) here!
 
As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to learn another dialect, Ilocano... We met one of our investigators on Friday who is very shy and knows little Tagalog so we sat there as his aunt translated for him into Ilocano and I just realized I will be here for at least 3 months. I learned as much Tagalog as I know in about that time so what's another dialect? :) I m very excited and enthusiastic to be assigned here at this time.
 
So the Elders were teaching two families before and we met them on Saturday as well, and were able to get to know them and talk with them a little bit. There are more less actives here than there were in my last area so we have a lot, a lot, of work to do here ngyon!
 
SO my first daughter here in the mission.. she is great! Her name is Sister Enguito, from Mindanao and speaks little Tagalog because she is mainly from a Bisia region. but of course she speaks more, and better than me :) She is also 21. (bytheway, I'm 21 now, I am a real person now. woohoo!) Anyway we are pretty much in the same boat and as I try to show her to how be a missionary, I feel very humbled to be an example to this new excited and scared missionary!
 
Sunday at church, the Elders said that two families came to church that they have never seen before. So that is great, and the numbers shot up; last week it was like 85 and on Sunday the full count was 104! And it will be more next week!
 
So I am sad to be away from all the farms and more in the city but I love it here in San Felipe and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world!
 
Have a great week ya'll! and take care huh?
Oh my  miracle for the week, The Lord truly qualifies those who he calls. When I left San Agustin, I felt very inadequate about my Tagalog speaking skills and even more about my teaching but as we have been walking around the Barungy of San Felipe this week, I talk to everyone, they understand me, AND I UNDERSTAND them.. the gift of tongues talaga(indeed)!!

Nanainiwala ako na Panginoon Dios ay Watching over lahat tayo palagy!
Mahal ko kayo!(I love you!) 
Ingat(Be careful) have a great week! 

Love Sister Rossberg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment