Monday, June 17, 2013

I love the Philippines! And some pics!

Abbi is finally settling into her groove in the Philippines. Her mission had transfers last week, but thankfully she is staying in the same area with her trainer.  I think it will be great for her to be able to get more established in her area and connect with the people there.

Sharna
--
Some highlights from this week:
"It rains everyday.... which makes it a little hard to teach because most all the houses have tin roofs.... it makes it interesting to yell the gospel at the top of your lungs, needless to say. I have only done this everyday and it's great, I love it."
"What I love most about the Philippines is that it's not weird to talk to random people on the street and ask them where they are going.. you can be as nosy as you want!"


Abbi's District and new missionaries

 




So Green!


Uhh, banana ketchup...??
 
I <3 the missionaries.
 
Hello! Great week huh?? Oh yeah, me too!
 
I love the Philippines! I love the weather, It rains everyday.. usually right around 5 or 6 until 9 which makes it a little hard to teach because most all the houses have tin roofs and you literally cannot hear a thing!! But it is great.. It makes this place beautiful and it makes teaching exciting.   Of course teaching is exciting, but I mean it makes it interesting to yell the gospel at the top of your lungs.. needless to say. I have only done this everyday and it's great, I love it.

I love my companion, I don't know if I have told you all about her but she stands about 4'8 but is very feisty.  She will tell you what's up, no problem so it's a good thing I am her daughter in the mission field so I'm on her good side most of the time ;) She is great.  She is a convert of about 9 years and her testimony and knowledge of the gospel and the scriptures is so SO inspiring... as I thumb through the scriptures she is always prepared with a scripture on a certain topic. She's like a dictionary when it comes to Tagalog. I love my companion.. Transfers are this week and thank goodness I won't be transferred.. I'm still in training so no-can-do :) I love this area and I will be very sad to leave but hopefully that won't be for a little while!
 
I love the food here; my favorite food this week is fried egg plant.. it's super good despite what others might say. What I love most about the Philippines is that it's not weird to talk to random people on the street and ask them where they are going.. you can be as nosy as you want! I love my life as a missionary and I'm getting a little tanner but I don't think I will ever be as tan as all these Filipinos! So I attached a couple pictures of the best members ever, the Jimenez Family, they are so great. If we need literally anything they are always willing to help and are so willing, and valiant servants to the Lord. I am, and will be eternally grateful for this family.

Tapos Sister Capa, the younger girl with all the missionaries in the green room house, she feeds us every Sunday after church! I love, love her! And Mama Gege, she is the one sitting by me. She is the best like- a-mom to me but she can never replace you mom... don't you worry! But she will do while I am away from home! Sorry for the short email.. I am doing great so don't worry about me.. Follow up training on Friday was super great.  The new missionaries shared their testimonies and it was comforting to feel that they went through the same things I did. ANd I got to see my MTC Companion! She is great!! 

Thanks for all your love support and prayers. God speed.
Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment