Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I think I get it!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Abbi has been a missionary for over 2 months now and she's almost been in the Phillippines as long as she was in the MTC! She is such an obedient little missionary and is always striving to do everything necessary to be the best she can for the people she has been called to teach. And she is finding so much success personally, as well as in her missionary efforts!  I hope that she is feeling the joy that comes from living that way!  We are all so proud of her!


Sharna
--
Kumusta ang Pamilya ko(Hello my family)!! 


So last Wednesday was my two month mark since I have been on my mission and it does not seem that long!! It is crazy how fast but slow these last couple weeks have gone.. it's hard to explain but I'm sure you understand ;) 
 
We have a 6 week follow up training at the mission home this Friday and I can't wait to show President how much I have improved and I just want to do enough work to improve the area and the work here in the San Agustin Branch. 
So this week, the kids went back to school (their school year is from June- Feb) So as we were teaching maraming (many) kids, we had to find new investigators who would be home during our proselyting times. And it has been very very hard. 
 
Tuesday was a grrreat day I love Zone meeting, we go over our goals and it gets me all sorts of fired up for the rest of the week! I want to be like the other missionaries in my Zone, the foreigners who forget how to speak English haha.. one day :). 
 
On Thursday, our first seven.. no joke, 7 appointments were not there and they were adults ha so we went through our whole plans until the end of the night and ended up finding three new investigators and were able to teach them the first lesson that night. Since then, two of them are doing so well and soaking up every single thing the gospel has to offer them, it is so cool to see these people be on fire about the gospel!!
 
So I have had goals to improve my language speaking and understanding skills right? RIGHT! I am improving everyday, whether I see it or not, I know that if I trust in the Lord, he will give me the power that I lack so that I am able to have the skills to do this work for him. I only have 16 months left here in the mission field and I don't want any of my efforts to be wasted, As a missionary in my Zone said, I want to be able to give my all and not have any regrets so that the Lord will accept the 18 months of service I have to give him. This gospel is real, the promises that are given to those who follow the gospel and it's teachings are real. We really can live with God again kasama ng pamilya tayo rin! (with our families too). 
 
I Love Heavenly Father so much and I am so grateful for this time in my life that I have to serve his children in the Philippines. I love hearing about your updates and how you are serving God as well even though it's not a full-time service I know that the Lord is pleased with all of you. This work is great and I'm so glad I get to share it with you once a week!! Have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment