Sunday, July 6, 2014

I believe in miracles.

Hello and good morning, Family.
It’s another great week in the Philippines and a great day to be a missionary! :) It’s a great week for new starts and Sister Pilkington and I are trying to eat a little healthier so we will have more energy to work and give our best! Oh and working out a little bit in the mornings has helped. We need all the energy we can get if were gunna knock out all of Mandama before August :)
Preach my gospel two by two!

Companions

We had a meeting on Friday at the mission home and we got to meet the new President! ( for those who don’t know, Pres and Sis, Querido went home last Sunday night when the Dahle’s came to take their shoes). It was so great meeting  President and Sister Dahle this last Friday. They are from Lehi, Utah and they love the outdoors.  I love their fresh look and attitude on missionary work, they are so excited to share the great gospel and they are on fire! What I got most out of the meeting was on the law of consecration and the power of the spirit. After the meeting we went to eat PIZZA in the mission home (probably the 2nd time I have had American-ish pizza on my mission) Needless to say, it was so good! After we ate, I felt real sick and ended up sleeping at upstairs in the mission home for 3 hours, by the time I woke up and was feeling up for an hour drive back to our area, it was late and President and sister Dahle had to take us home. But I really appreciated it and especially enjoyed spending a little extra time getting to know them! They are amazing and I feel very blessed to have two of the most spiritual and inspiring people as my mission president and his wife. As we were driving home, we stopped at a toll booth and as President was paying, the girl in the booth, handed him his receipt and said, “Thank you sir, your receipt ”. And he responds right back and says, “And for you” as he handed her a pass along card and then we drove off down the expressway. In that moment, even though it was such a simple act of handing out a pass along card, it made me realize how simple missionary work can be. You don’t even have to speak the same language to be able to share the gospel. I know that all our leaders are called of God, and man am I grateful for that!

One thing that I learned this week is about the importance of the spirit in our day to day lives and the law of consecration. I have been focusing on these two aspects in our work these last couple days and we have seen big changes in our work and the way sister Pilkington and I go about teaching lessons. I know that the spirit is the most important element in this work and it indeed would be foolish to try and work without it. That is something that I have been focusing on in the last 6 months of my mission. I want to be able master to have and recognize the spirit in everything I do. I know that if we gain this knowledge now and strive to stay worthy of this gift, it will help us heaps in our lives.
Nancy and Joanne at church

Trying to be like Brigham (doggie kisses!)

Our area here in Mandama is still doing well, we have 5 possible baptisms this month and sister Pilkington and I are doing everything in our power to help those 5 souls to receive the gospel in their lives. I love the people here in my area and, I love Sister Pilkington. I have no doubt that she was meant to be my companion for the last 12 weeks of my mission. She has helped me through so much and I have learned heaps from her! We love you, have a great week.

Our Llego’s are still going strong. They had us over to eat last night and watch the Restoration. Our ‘ulam’ was “stuffed bangus” and rice of course! Let’s just say, Brother Fritz Llego sure knows how to fry up some good fish! 
Dinner at the Llegos!

just our stinkin cute Llegos!!
Sister Nancy Sanchez is more dedicated than ever to live this gospel and was able to attend church yesterday.We have seen miracles happen here in the small area of Mandama. I feel so blessed to be apart of the work here in the Lord's vineyard here in the Philippines. And we will continue to do our best to bless the lives of the wonderful people here!
You are all amazing, I love you and hope you  have a great week!
Love, Sister Rossberg
it's rainy (or flood) season


1 comment:

  1. I just lost my man about three months ago though he is back again full of love and passion with the help of great man Dr. IKHIDE. I NORAH PEDRO from Norway, have been into a relationship with daniel mark since I was 22 years old and I am 28 now. I so much love him but I could not show the love, it was very difficult for me to prove my realness to him because I thought to prove my love to him might make him look down on me and go after other girls. for over six years Daniel has given me all that I ask of him. I always threatened him with break up each time I want to see his level of love for me because I was told if I threaten him, he will propose to me and then will get married to him before I can show my love despite his complains of him not sure of my love I was responding to him with negative words. though I was suspecting he has another girl in his life, I did not border to ask him about that because I was so sure of his love despite my attitude. on the 8th of September a day to my birthday he came and gave me so many lovely gifts like never before claiming to wish me a happy birthday in advance with his words and behavior I expected him to propose to me on my birthday night then I will also tell him of my pregnant for him. I wait for him on my birthday he did not show up not even a call, I tried his number and it was not going through I refuse to go check on him because the anger in me six days later I went to his house and I found nothing not even a sign of my Daniel once live there. I was disappointed, frustrated, confused with so many thoughts on my mind like hanging my self if I did not see him again because I can not my parent about the pregnancy when the man responsible for it had disappeared. our religion's against that, my family will be disappointed in me, I have brought them shame. I look for daniel everywhere till I could chat with him on social network, he warned me never to disturb him again because he already had found another girl that he wants to live his life with, after a while, he blocked me from all access then I could not tell him of my pregnancy for him. so, I needed help from all corners of life, I decide to check to google my self or read some write up on-site on how to coup with my pain because I could not tell anybody about it not even my friends were aware of my pregnancy. I keep reading to cancel my self till I find how Dr. IKHIDE helps so many persons from different walks of life with their testimonies. then I decide to also contact him with dr.ikhide@gmail.com. Because I do not know much about contacting a spell caster, I was not sure he can bring my Dan back but I decide to give him a try though his requirement was another problem I meet with a friend for help because I could not the items that he needed I have to plead with Dr. IKHIDE to help me get the items because really need my man back to take away my shame. just two days after I send him the requirement Daniel calls me, plead for forgiveness. just yesterday he propose to me and I am so happy. you can also contact him with dr.ikhide@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete