Monday, July 15, 2013

Pamilya (Family!)

Another week, another letter! This week is short and sweet, a good reminder for all of us to hug our families a little bit tighter.  If we're going to be with them for eternity, why not start loving them as much as possible right now!

Sharna
--

Highlights from the Philippines:
"Family is the most important thing on this earth. It is the most important to Heavenly Father and it should be to us as well. I am on a mission with the purpose to help other families come unto Christ and so that they can be with their families forever."
"The definition of a missionary, is one who leaves her family for a short time so that others can be with their families forever."





So, I have been thinking about you guys a lot this week, and I may not get to write a full email to the general public :) but I wanted to get my thoughts out just to my loving parents that I love so dearly. Yes, I got the package. THANK YOU! I am waiting to open my present until my birthday, it was just wrapped too cute!! :) Thank you so, so much!  It was much needed too, now the mosquitoes can stop using me as their dinner ;) Very helpful!!

Thank you for your updates I am sad to hear when missionaries don't hear from their families.. even just one email.. so thank you for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts. I love you so much!
Family first. Family is the most important thing on this earth. It is the most important to Heavenly Father and it should be to us as well. I am on a mission with the purpose to help other families come unto Christ and so that they can be with their families forever.


This week we had the opportunity of having Elder Ardern and his wife from the 70 come to our mission and have a Zone Conference with them. They are an amazing couple!! They taught us about families a lot, and how important it is to teach families and marriage of course because it is so important to be sealed in the temple to start it off right. I saw a quote once that the definition of a missionary, is one who leaves his family for a short time so that others can be with their families forever. There is so much power in teaching families and I think I said that last week so I won't repeat myself but Elder Ardern helped me realize the importance of giving everything you have everyday to this work because this is the only time we have to serve God with ALL our efforts, of course we will serve God for the rest of our lives.

I am grateful for your examples to me and the letters of encouragement and love And thank you for the prayers. May God be with you.

Love, Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment