Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 2: Easter AND General Conference

I can only imagine the awesome experience that it is to be in the MTC during Conference, but Conference on Easter! That would be incredible!  Brent was telling me last week that a week in the MTC is huge! This week I'm sure is very eye opening for Abbi, seeing new missionaries come in and looking at them thinking, was that me?? I can't believe that's where I started!  And it will happen all over again the next week, and the week after that..  Here's what Abbi says about it, "A district in our Branch left for their missions in the Philippines yesterday and it is so cool to see that how they have changed even just knowing them for about a week and a half." What's so funny about this, is that these are the missionaries who have 'graduated' from the MTC.  It's so incredible what all of these amazing missionaries do to serve the Lord.  They are truly called and set apart for the Lord's work.  They would have to be.  If not, how would these young, 19 (now 18) to 20-something year old kids be so successful in spreading the gospel.

Some highlights from this week:
I am so grateful to my Savior, family, and friends and all the influence in my life that I was able to run to report, when the call to serve was made. 
We went to the temple this morning and then ate at the Temple Cafeteria  and I want you to know that the temples on the earth are the house of God and I know that the peace we feel there is how it will be in heaven.  

Sharna
General Conference: Nailed it.
KUMUSTA po kayo??---Hi, how are you??
Thank you all so much for your love and encouragement, I realize now that this is a hard thing but it is all worth it. Keep an eternal perspective, yeah?? This work is important and urgent and I know it's that way because the Lord stresses it so much, especially recently with the call for younger, prepared, and ready members to serve missions. I am so grateful to my Savior, family, and friends and all the influence in my life that I was able to run to report, when the call to serve was made. So thank  you!!

So conference this last weekend, the best one ever, right?? I loved it, I think my overall favorite was either Elder Cook's on peace through the love of God and President Monson's talk on the importance of obedience. These men are truly inspired of the Lord and I sustain them with my whole heart. I know the Lord is involved in his work, why wouldn't he be??
So i joined the choir after conference last Sunday and we are preforming in our little devotional tonight for the Missionaries. I am so excited to sing with the power of hundreds of missionaries in the power of song. 


Everyone here is so great and kind I am grateful to see the change that all these young people (myself included) and letting the Lord into their lives to change them. I love that and i know that great power can come from the unlearned and lowly in heart. So this week we have been learning more Tagalog and learning how to begin teaching. It is hard to learn how to follow the spirit and teach what the Lord would have your investigators know, rather than what you would like them to know. I am so glad that I have so much support from all of you and I hope that my letters will be personally meaning full to each of you. I do not know how to express myself because I feel like I have learned so much already and I feel that I could walk away from this experience already being a better person and being able to touch the hearts of many that I know now. But this is not God's will for me, I am so excited to be able to take what I will learned to the people of the Philippines and teach them and also to learn from them as they learn from me. A district in our Branch left for their missions in the Philippines yesterday and it is so cool to see that how they have changed even just knowing them for about a week and a half. And I cannot believe that will be me in about a month!! I am so excited to take on this new adventure and learn what God would have me. Okay so one more thing before I have to go, we went to the temple this morning and then ate at the Temple Cafeteria  and I want you to know that the temples on the earth are the house of God and I know that the peace we feel there is just how it will be in heaven. There will be people that we know and love to greet us. The church is true guys!!
Well I hope you all have a good week, please send me your addresses and individual emails so I can send you individual letter of love :)

Heres mine:
E-mail: abigail.rossberg@MyLDSMail.net

Address:
Sister Abigail Rossberg
MTC Box# 214
PHI-OLO 0508
2005 North 900 East
Provo UT 84604

 I love you all and thank you for everything! Until next week,
Sister Rossberg

No comments:

Post a Comment